The Great Hall at Queen’s University
Felix O’Hare & Co Ltd was entrusted with the refurbishment of the Great Hall at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB), to restore the Hall to its original design and recreate a prestigious space at the heart of the University. This flagship scheme involved the complete refurbishment of the existing Grade 1 listed hall including D.D.A alterations.
Key features and benefits:
- Working within the hub of the University the project was successfully completed on time and on budget.
- At all stages through the project the existing buildings around the hall remained fully operational.
- Having worked on a number of the University’s listed buildings our team was well placed to deliver this project and again our meticulous management and execution of works minimised any potential inconveniences to client operations ensuring a successful outcome.
- Today the Great Hall stands proudly as a vital venue for a number of prestigious events including a banquet to honour former US President, Bill Clinton.
- The restoration included the creation of an art gallery to house the QUB collection and to host touring exhibitions.