As main contractor for the works in Banbridge, we built a new Community Treatment & Care Centre (CTCC) providing new accommodations for general community outpatient treatment facilities alongside the facilities for learning and physically disabled clients.
Key features and benefits:
- The building serves as a community and administrative centre for the SHSCT staff and provides workstation space, interview rooms, records storage, staff areas and associated ancillary spaces which support all the services in the building.
- This flagship scheme replaces three existing facilities in Banbridge – the Health Centre at Scarva Street, Copperfields Centre for adults with a physical disability and Banbridge Social Education Centre for adults with a learning disability.
- As part of Banbridge Health Village, the new Health and Care Centre will accommodate around 220 staff, providing a range of community services including Allied Health Professional (AHP) services, a rehabilitation suite, two dental surgeries, children and young people’s services, older people’s services, specialist nursing and a promoting well-being service.
- The day-care centre will provide a modern environment including therapy space, sensory rooms and a secure landscaped garden with wheelchair access. This new Health and Care Centre will provide a range of accessible, integrated services, dramatically improving health and care within the Banbridge community.
- We designed the accommodation around central courtyards with glazed circulation areas to maximise natural lighting and ventilation. The heart of the building is the atrium which establishes visual and physical connections between all four building levels.