Newry Train Station
- Client:NI Railways
- Designer:Robinson & McIlwaine
- Status: Completed
Newry Train Station
This project comprised of a new station building and link bridge, platform up-grading and extension, new park and ride facility, replacement canopies, track maintenance building, new bus turning head and connection to the new bridge over the new by-pass. One of the big challenges of this project was that the station had to remain operational throughout the contract.
The work consists of the temporary relocation of existing station facilities, provision of temporary accesses, etc. and the construction of new station together with link stairwell building to downline platform, high level enclosed air bridge linking the two buildings, the removal and renewal of platform canopies, the part extension/part resurfacing of platforms, the construction of large Park and Ride car park and bus terminal together with all associated landscaping, drainage, etc.
All new build works took place in phase 1 and work at the existing carpark was carried out in phase 2.
MAIN BUILDING ELEMENTS
- Site set up/preparation/hoardings
- Relocation of existing station facilities, provision of temporary works and BWIC with signalling alterations, all to allow continued use of station
- Construction of new station building, link building and associated Airbridge together with associated M &E installations
- Demolition of existing and new canopy construction together with resurfacing/extending existing downline platform together with associated M &E installations
- Demolition of existing and new canopy construction together with resurfacing/extending existing upline platform together with associated M &E installations
- Construction of new car park, bus turning area, pedestrian walkways and associated M&E installations, landscaping and site worksRemoval of hoardings/site tidy up, etc.
RSUA Award Winner - Over £3 million project 2010